Ear & Body Piercing/nipple piercing please help

So i just got my nipples pierced again. last time i had no problems they healed fine but had to take them out because i was in the hospital. Ive had them re done now for 3 days and they will not stop bleeding. its not a lot but its still there, last time they didnt bleed at all! Thats not the main point though, my right one is growing into my nipple. i pushed the ball out but i think i need t change my barbell to a longer one which i have from my previous piercing. i would really like to change it myself because i am a very busy person and cant drive the hour to go see my piercer again anytime soon. i dont really know hot to change it. please help!!

Bleeding can be an indication that is under tension, so the wound cannot close.

I would strongly recommend that you see your professional piercer for a proper measurement and sterile insertion to avoid potentially high risk complications. Changing on your own should only be done in situations of dire need, with sterile gloves, sterile gauze, and fully autoclave sterilized jewelry that has been appropriately measured to fit with an additional amount of space for cleaning.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and