Ear & Body Piercing/Navel piercing falling out

I got my navel pierced about 4 years ago, and everything was fine, but for some reason now the skin has gotten so thin that the piercing keeps slipping out in the shower. Is there anything I can do about this other than waiting for it to heal and getting it repierced? If not, how long should I wait for it to heal?

Navels can change pretty dramatically, and the jewelry needed may be a different fit Fe what you have. Please visit one of my colleagues for a free consultation has a locator map.

If new jewelry won't solve the issue, remove the old jewelry and leave it out until the area has tightened, which may be several weeks or months. You can often be repierced if the original has migrated, depending on the shape of your anatomy.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and