Ear & Body Piercing/sternum rejection repiercing

sternum rejection
sternum rejection  
I got my sternum pierced nearly 4 months ago, but it rejected over night. I took the bar out before it tore completely through the skin, but there's still a pretty bad mark. I've had it out almost a week now and was wondering if I could get it repierced? if so, since the old piercing is crooked and not placed correctly, could I get the area to the right of it pierced instead, and have it still heal normally?

You should be able to get the similar placement once the area has healed. When it is still repairing itself, the area is not stable enough to successfully heal a new piercing. Consider a different placement or a different piercing location entirely if you have the urge while this gets better over the next months.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and