Early Childhood Education/portfolio

QUESTION: Dear Deborah,

I am interviewing for a pre-k counts job this Monday and I will bring my portfolio with me from my student teaching seminar class. I was told hat we don't need to include everything we have done for our portfolios and was wondering what we do need to include..

Also, what are some questions I should be prepared to answer?

ANSWER: Lauren, I apologize for not answering this question sooner.  Please let me know if you still need information

QUESTION: Hi Debbie,

It's ok I fiqured out what to do pertaining my previous question.My question now is on a job application if it asks for co-teacher evaluations from student teaching could I give part of the evaluation for the mid term evaluation but not all of it?

When filling out an application I would think that as long as you are truthful it is up to you just how much and what information you share. Also, you would want to make sure it doesn't look like you are hiding something. That could be worse. When I did interviews I must say I rarely looked for someone with perfectly spotless evaluations. After all, you were a 'student' which implies you were learning.  Trust your own judgement and share what you feel is appropriate.

Early Childhood Education

Deborah Callahan

Child Day Care, Profession Training, Environment, some business practices, grants, continuous quality improvement, Environmental Rating Scales, Keystone STARS progam, health and safety

30 years experience as Director of Education in private child care field, professional trainer certified as PQAS (PA Quality Assurance System)for child care practitioners, 3 years experience as Keystone STARS Technical Adviser, 25 years classroom experience

BA Elementary/Early Childhood Education, Marywood University, Scranton, PA Director's Credential PQAS School Age Child Care Certificate over 400 training hours