Early Childhood Education/keystone stars bonus for educators

We just received star 3 and I was wondering when the bonus would come in . I have my bachelors in early childhood.

What you are referring to is the STARS Education Retention Award which is part of the Merit Award given when you advance or renew your STAR level.  It is very much up to your director or administrator or the person responsible for your STARS paperwork.  It must all be completed and submitted to your STARS regional office for approval. Depending on how long that takes and how many revisions must be made it may take a month or more but all STARS monies need to be expended by the end of March. So again it depends on how fast and accurate the person responsible for this is at your facility.   Also keep in mind that your award will be taxed at a higher rate (usually 28%) because it is in fact considered a bonus.  

Early Childhood Education

Deborah Callahan

Child Day Care, Profession Training, Environment, some business practices, grants, continuous quality improvement, Environmental Rating Scales, Keystone STARS progam, health and safety

30 years experience as Director of Education in private child care field, professional trainer certified as PQAS (PA Quality Assurance System)for child care practitioners, 3 years experience as Keystone STARS Technical Adviser, 25 years classroom experience

BA Elementary/Early Childhood Education, Marywood University, Scranton, PA Director's Credential PQAS School Age Child Care Certificate over 400 training hours