Early Childhood Education/ECE question

Question
2.Early childhood teachers often report feeling isolated during their first years of teaching. Did you feel isolated ever? Please explain. How did your director or supervisor contribute to your experience?

Answer
Yes, it can be isolating if you let it become that. You  have to draw others into relationship....set up a meeting time each month to chat with peers about things going on in their classrooms. Invite others from the community. Use this both to gain knowledge and to build professional and personal relationships. If that is how they are feeling, let them talk with their supervisor. I would be proactive in the sense that I would find ways to combat this!

Remember who you are. Make sure you are separating yourself from the job when you go. Build a life  outside of work!

Have fun and laugh a lot! Relax. See the joy..and hope in helping other generations! Trust in your call and passion!

Early Childhood Education

Cindy Caporaso