Eastern Orthodox/chrismation

Question
I know our church teaches that at Chrismation the gift of the Holy Spirit is given to the newly baptized person. The church follows the model in the book of Acts, repentance, baptism and Chrismation (Holy Spirit). Does God the Holy Spirit wait for the ceremony of Chrismation to indwell the believer or does He indwell the person at repentance prior to baptism or at baptism itself?

Answer
In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen!

John 3:8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.

When the king makes a proclamation, he sets his seal to it to make it official. The seal is the visible sign and assurance that this is indeed from the king. When the priest anoints the person being chrismated, he says "The seal of the gift of the Holy Spirit" and the people respond "Amen!" We cannot see the Holy Spirit come, we cannot control where the Holy Spirit goes or when, but the Church gives us Holy Chrismation as a visible sign and assurance that the Holy Spirit is indeed present in our lives from that time forth. Chrismation makes it "official", even if the Holy Spirit was there "unofficially" before! This way we know for sure, we don't have to guess "when".

Your servant in Christ's Name,
Herman

Eastern Orthodox

Herman