Eastern Orthodox/Divorce is against God's will

Hi, I'm married for 5 years and i want to divorce my wife as i don't feel that i can continue my life with her and alot of such reasons. what should i do to complete this divorce? Am i be eligible to marry from different church (Armenian for instance)?

Salam El Massi7 ya Mina,

thnx for ur question and let's examine some matters:

it is not a matter of procedures as ur question implies, it's a matter of love to Lord Jesus. u need to do as King David said in his Pslams: Taste and see that the Lord is good. (34:8) Only this way will u be able to follow his commandments and have a Christian family.

regarding divorce let's listen to the Holy Bible:
In Luke 16:18 Lord Jesus says: "Every one who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery."
in Mark 10:2-12: "2 And Pharisees came up and in order to test him asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?" 3 He answered them, "What did Moses command you?" 4 They said, "Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to put her away." 5 But Jesus said to them, "For your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. 6 But from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female.' 7 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh.' So they are no longer two but one flesh. 9 What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder." 10 And in the house the disciples asked him again about this matter. 11 And he said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another, commits adultery against her; 12 and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery."

my friend, plz look for a wise and loving Godfather and he will help u.  a true disciple to Lord Jesus is a true disciple to a Godfather; a God fearing priest who will pray for u and guide u. repent, return to God, listen to his words in the Bible and cry to him in ur prayers, look for a Godfather and start anew.
ur eternity is far more important than ur worldly problems or desires. listen to King Solomon in Proverbs 27:7 saying "A soul that is full shall tread upon the honeycomb : and a soul that is hungry shall take even bitter for sweet."
fill ur heart with God. Isaiah says: I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. (61:10)

plz send as many questions and follow ups as u like. pray for me.

ur brother and servant in Jesus Christ,

Eastern Orthodox

Ashraf Nisseem

Peace be with you. I am an Egyptian Coptic Orthodox. I can answer questions about the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox beliefs, especially Coptic beliefs.

I have the knowledge to say something useful.

I teach children in my church how to read the Holy Book and other sacred books used in holy services.