Eastern Orthodox/Persons and Icon of the Holy Trinity

Question
do the Holly Trinity have one faceor three faces like of the icon of the Trinity of the Ethiopians?

Answer
hi Alex,

thnx much for ur question. I hope you are safe and happy in Christ.

ur question has two parts:

++ first: What we exactly believe about the Holy Trinity's persons and powers:
i quote here the website of "The history of the Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Los Angeles":

Belief in the Son and the Holy Spirit is not indicative of polytheism, nor is it an attempt at extending the Father’s substance. The Son said, “I am in the Father and the Father in Me,” (Jn 14:10). “He who has seen Me has seen the Father,” (Jn 14:9). Each Person (Hypostasis) in the Holy Trinity fills the other two and is contained in them, but is still somehow distinguishable from the Others. Just as we can differentiate the human mind from the human soul although it is not an addition to it nor can it be separated from it.

Unity here does not imply adding. Our faith in the Holy Trinity does not contradict the Oneness of God. We do not believe in three divine essences (ousia) but in a single Divine essence. To understand this Divine mystery, we can say that the Divine essence has been in existence since eternity. This eternal existence is a rational existence as well; in other words, it has Mind, Wisdom or Logos (Word) born of His own existence. So the Mind of the Divine nature does not have an essence other than that of the Father but it is born out of the same essence of God. So when we call the Divine Being “Father” and the Logos “Son.” we are affirming that the Son is the Word of God. This does not mean that the Father and the Son are two essences or we then would believe in two gods.

The Divine Being (the Father) is eternally alive. His life proceeds from Him and is not external to His being. Existence is distinguishable from life but neither is separate from the other and neither has a separate Divine essence because life belongs to this Divine Existence Himself.

++ Icons that show three persons as the Holy Trinity are not acceptable to Coptic Church. the father did not incarnate, thus Coptic Church does not draw pictures of the Father. in John 1: 18 the Holy Bible says: "No one has seen God at any time, the only begotten son who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained."  

u r always welcome dear brother.

God be with u,
ashraf

Eastern Orthodox

Ashraf Nisseem