Eastern Orthodox/Church & Priests

Question
The POPE and Priests gave themselves more power than God so made people believe that they are selected by God to represent heaven on earth. Are they appointed by God?

Answer
hi Adil,

thnx for ur question and happy new year.

"The POPE and Priests" are human. they can make mistakes. when u say they "gave themselves more power than God" u r accusing them without providing evidence. Lord Jesus said: "first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." this is not to say that we should not work towards reforming the Church, but we should first seek our own salvation and personal reform. we need to repent everyday and confess regularly.

the pope and priests are generally "selected by God to represent heaven on earth." still they can misrepresent heaven and sometimes they get the rank undeservingly. this is why Lord Jesus said:“The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat, so practice and observe whatever they tell you—but not what they do. For they preach, but do not practice." I should not spend my time judging clergymen, instead i should repent and start anew everyday.

in Christ,

ashraf

Eastern Orthodox

Ashraf Nisseem