Eastern Orthodox/Problems in Coptic Church

Question
QUESTION: Some Copts told me that today, the Coptic church has no power from God to help needy Copts.  It is a <religious company>.  What do you think?

ANSWER: hi Adil,

thnx for ur question and happy new year.

those who said that are mostly people who do not repent and confess. u better start with urself: repent and confess.

the fact that the Church has problems does not mean it cannot give u God's grace and lead u in the way of salvation. ur mother and father may have problems, they may not be the best that could u have, but still they r what u have. the Holy Bible says: "Honor your father and your mother." St. Cyprian writes, "You cannot have God for your Father if you do not have the Church for your mother."

in Christ,

ashraf

QUESTION: Thank you Ashraf

It is understood, but I need more explanation about repent and confess.

Can I talk to Jesus directly?  Do I need a middle man (Priest) for my confessions and repentance?  

Adil

Answer
hi Adil,

happy new year and thank you very much for the follow up.

when we commit sins we need to repent and confess. we face God with our sins. facing the priest is the least we must suffer to start anew. Embarrassment during confession is a penalty that the soul must bear for falling into sin.

we need to get to know Lord Jesus and trust in his love and forgiveness. he says:
“COME TO ME , ALL YOU WHO LABOR
AND  ARE  HEAVY  LADEN ,
AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST.”
Matt 11:28
"let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts:
and let him return unto the Lord, ...
and ... he will abundantly pardon." (Isa 55:7)

a Christian is a true disciple of Lord Jesus. we need not just to know a priest but to be a true disciple of him so that we can become disciples of the Lord. the priest will be your father of confession who will pray for you and show you the way of God. we need to confess regularly and obey the guidance of our father of confession.  

let's pray in the new year that we all return to Lord Jesus and know the glory and joy of being his children. Amen

urs in Jesus Christ,
ashraf  

Eastern Orthodox

Ashraf Nisseem