Eastern Orthodox/We all siners

Question
QUESTION: The bible said: we all siners.

Coptic Churches failed to save us.  What is the specific role of
Coptic church priest for saving siners?

ANSWER: hi Adil,

happy new year.

++It's the Blood of Jesus that washes our sins away forever. Salvation is found only in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ and Coptic Church gives us the Holy flesh and blood of Lord Jesus in the sacrament of Holy Communion. Lord Jesus said: "the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life"  John 6:63. Coptic Church gives us the pure teaching of the Holy Fathers, which contains the words of God and the way to live them. when u say "Coptic Churches failed to save us" believe me it is your problem not the Church's.

++regarding the role of priests in Coptic Church:

I quote the website:

http://www.copticchurch.net/topics/thecopticchurch/sacraments/7_priesthood.html (u can read more about the subject there)

Priest means elder and also an intercessor in the holies of God for the congregation.

He is a presbyter who has the right to administer all the church sacraments except the laying on of hands and appointing priestly ranks, which is the right of a bishop or overseer or someone above him.

He is a teacher who teaches the people the word of God and leads them to the way of God, virtues, mysteries of the religion, and explains the dogmas and rites and details the word of truth, “For the lips of a priest should keep knowledge, and people should seek the law from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts” (Malachi 2:7).

He is a father who pastors his children compassionately, visits them with tender care and love as he is zealous for the salvation of the souls of his people and leading them to Christ, as his salvation is related to their salvation, “For now we live, if you stand fast in the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 3:8). He humbly serves them as a servant to a master as Lord Christ washed the feet of His disciples, so his service is successful and acceptable before God and people too.

in Christ,

ashraf

QUESTION: Thak you Ashraf

Now what you have stated about a coptic priest is theorically correct, but
in reality just few exist. We all siners.  Is the priest a siner too?

Answer
hi Adil,

happy new year and a blessed Christmas to u and ur love ones.

a priest can commit sins. this does not mean he cannot lead u to God.

+remeber that u need to do the commandments that the priest teach regardless of his life and manners. we are to follow the Lord's ways and if the priest's ways are not consistent with God's ways then we will not follow his manners.

+even if the priest is a sinner he is still able to peform sacraments convey God's grace to u. The reason is: Christ is the principal actor of the sacraments, so they are efficacious even when performed by an unworthy minister. since the Old Testament: "... only the high priest ever entered the Most Holy Place, and only once a year. And he always offered blood for his own sins and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance." Hebrews 9:7 God knows that a priest is a human who makes mistakes but he chose that humans will help humans to achieve their salvation.

ur questions and follow ups r always welcome.

in Christ,
ashraf

Eastern Orthodox

Ashraf Nisseem