Eastern Orthodox/Persons of the Trinity

In the book of Isaiah it is written, "For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6
Can the Son be called the "Everlasting Father"? I understand they are One. Does that mean that the Persons of the Holy Trinity are interchangeable? I thought they are not. Can the Holy Spirit be called the Son and the Father be called the Holy Spirit? I'd like clarification on this please.

Also, that same verse says that the government will be on His shoulder. Does that mean that our Lord will be ruler over some form of government? Or just that He is governor over the whole world?

Happy new year and a blessed Christmas,

We are the sons of the Holy Apostles, the Church, the Fathers and God.

++ St. John says:"If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him."  1 John 2: 29 Thus Lord Jesus is father to everyone who does what is right.

The three Persons of the Trinity are equal, but not interchangeable. The Holy Spirit and the Son are subordinate to the Father: The Father sends the Son and the Spirit into the world, but not vice versa. To explain this, the theologians of the Holy Council of Nicaea taught us that Jesus’ being obedient to the Father "does not preclude his having fully equal worth by virtue of his divinity.”

++ Lord Jesus is "governor over the whole world" as u said. He will not form a worldly government though. When the Jews wanted to make him king he escaped. When Pilate asked him about his kingdom he said:“My kingdom is not of this world," since that we, his subjects are not of this world. he says:"If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." John 15:19

ur questions and follow ups are always welcome.

in Christ,

Eastern Orthodox

Ashraf Nisseem

Peace be with you. I am an Egyptian Coptic Orthodox. I can answer questions about the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox beliefs, especially Coptic beliefs.

I have the knowledge to say something useful.

I teach children in my church how to read the Holy Book and other sacred books used in holy services.