Eastern Orthodox/meaning of prospon

Question
QUESTION: dear sir
Greeting with in the name of saint TRINITY.

I NEED TO KNOW MORE AND MORE ABOUT THE TERM HOMEOUSIOS

ANSWER: Dear Tewodros,

thnx for ur question.

Encyclopaedia Britannica says that homoousios, in Christianity, is the key term of the Christological doctrine formulated at the first ecumenical council, at Nicaea in 325, to affirm that God the Son and God the Father are of the same substance. The Council of Nicaea, presided over by the emperor Constantine, was convened to resolve the controversy within the church over the relationship between the persons of the Trinity. The council condemned Arianism, which taught that Christ was more than human but not fully divine.

in Christ,

ashraf

QUESTION: and also i need to know about prospon. and allexanderian fathers teaching about it.

Answer
Prosopon =  = Person

God is one in essence, yet three, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in persons. There is eternally in God true unity, combined with genuinely personal differentiation: the term ‘essence’, ‘substance’, ‘being’, or ‘nature’ indicates the unity, and the term person indicates the differentiation.

Yet, although the three persons never act apart from each other, there is in God genuine diversity as well as specific unity. We believe that this threefold differentiation in God’s outward action reflects a threefold differentiation in His inner life. The three Persons of the Holy Trinity are coequal and coeternal.

A human father is older than his child, but when speaking of God as ‘Father’ and ‘Son’ we are not to interpret the terms in this literal sense. We affirm of the Son, “There was never a time when he was not.” And the same is said of the Holy Spirit.

in Christ,
ashraf

Eastern Orthodox

Ashraf Nisseem