Eastern Orthodox/Marriage and signs... Knowing God's will

QUESTION: My question has to do with wither or not God is talking to me.

For the past five months I have been praying to date a certain girl. She got me out of the house more in five months then in five years. I met her children, taken them to lunch as well as her. We fight a lot yet always end up talking again. The past month I've been praying to marry her. And noticed signs or coincidences.

1. A man at the mall spoke to me about how he prayed and helped his hand. His hand showed no visible signs of healing to his doctor yet he can move it and no longer tskes pills.

2. A kid sitting next to me in the hallway in college started to listen to a couple talk about marriage restoration on the 700 Club.

3. I also found videos on YouTube talking about marriage restoration. One girl said she prayed for her parents to get back og ether after years of divorce and they did.

4. When I gave the girl and myself space for a while she came looking for me.

5. I sometimes see quotes on my Facebook telling me to have faith and keep at praying and hoping.

I don't know if these are signs or coincidences. I really care about her and would like to marry her. My faith is weak because I am a weak person. Any advice would help. I pray for her and me several times a day. Is God talking to me? Is the enemy trying to dis wade me in prsyer. The theme of what I have seen are marriage, relationship restoration, and persistence in prayer. That is what touches my heart from these things.

ANSWER: dear Raul,

thnx much for ur questions.
the voice of God is preceded with prayer and followed by inner comfort. it comes with a mix of sorrow and happiness; sorrow because it will entail carrying the cross behind the Lord and happiness because when you fulfill God's will u will be filled with "an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1: 8-9
signs can be mere coincidences. to know God's message to you, u can do the following:
pray hard, consult experienced people, think well.
u need to have a spiritual guide; preferably ur father of confession. he will give you true spiritual guidance and pray for you so that God gives you answers and grants u peace. especially when u r about to start a family u need the guidance of a God fearing priest and it will be best if he is the father of confession of you, ur girl, and your kids later if you marry.

ur questions and follow ups r always welcome,

in Christ,

QUESTION: I was told not to marry outside my faith many times. I really don't care about that. I am willing to work for a family. I don't really see God talking to me anymore. I have no strong spiritual counselor. You have been very kind and I have been praying often, I seem to get silence

Dear Raul,

thank you for your kind words.

Christianity is a discipleship. Christians were called disciples before even they were called Christians. u need good spiritual guidance. God is always talking to us. we need to learn to listen as Eli the priest told Samuel to say: 'Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.'1 Samuel 3. only then was Samuel able to hear the Lord. u need such a guidance. i pray u know God's will in ur life soon. Amen

in Christ,

Eastern Orthodox

Ashraf Nisseem

Peace be with you. I am an Egyptian Coptic Orthodox. I can answer questions about the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox beliefs, especially Coptic beliefs.

I have the knowledge to say something useful.

I teach children in my church how to read the Holy Book and other sacred books used in holy services.