Eastern Orthodox/coptic orthdox marriage

I need help. I'm Baptist and the guy I've been seeing is Coptic orthodox. I was once married and now divorced. we are not sure about the rules for us getting married. He is not sure if his priest will allow it. my marriage was a toxic marriage. I did technically get married in a church but did not have a Christian marriage. my ex husband refused the church and our faith completely. I just want to know what are if any ways me and my boyfriend could do about our situation and marriage in the Coptic church?

Hi gabesmom,

thnx for ur question.

u need to go to a Coptic Church and meet with the priest. u ll need to join the Coptic Church to have ur marriage celebrated and recognized thereof. the priest will tell u the steps and the possibility of marriage.

in Christ,

Eastern Orthodox

Ashraf Nisseem

Peace be with you. I am an Egyptian Coptic Orthodox. I can answer questions about the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox beliefs, especially Coptic beliefs.

I have the knowledge to say something useful.

I teach children in my church how to read the Holy Book and other sacred books used in holy services.