Eastern Orthodox/immaculate conception

QUESTION: I don't believe in the immaculate conception of the theotokos. But eventhough orthodox churches, the Eritrean and Ethiopian churches believe as catholics and arque(say) that it was orthodox believe before catholics create it. Someone who don't believe the immaculate conception called him heretic. Anyhow
 you have answered me the first two questions and the remaining as follws.

3. If human nature was destroyed as consequences, how did she remained personally sinless?
4. If purification from the anscestral sin is by baptism, when is she baptised? Or is she baptised once or twice(again at pentecoste)?
5.when did the apostles get baptised? Please answer me these questions.

ANSWER: Human nature was never destroyed. When Adam sinned he did not become totally depraved and without grace as the Catholic Church teaches. He failed to become what he was intended to become, that is, perfect. He was still growing and developing spiritually, he and Eve were not perfected yet. While we have inherited Adam's habit of sin, we do not inherit his guilt (as the Catholics teach).

We too can choose to be sinless, but we don't always choose wisely and therefore fall into sin. However, we believe that the Theotokos did always choose wisely and did not commit sin, even though she also inherited our sinful nature, she chose to rise above it, with God's help. This same help is available to all of us, but sometimes we choose not to accept it. Since the Theotokos was "overshadowed" by the Holy Spirit when our Lord was conceived, this was her personal Chrismation. We could say that our Lady was baptized through the waters of giving birth to Christ our Lord.

We baptize because Christ our Lord commands us to. While there is no Scriptural reference to when the original 12 Apostles were baptized, I think it is safe to assume they were. Remember that the good thief on the cross was never baptized and yet our Lord said that they would be together in Heaven. God is not a prisoner of our rites, He can save whomever He wills. But in this case, and in certain others where people made a commitment to Christ but were killed before they were baptized, that they received a baptism through their martyr's blood.

Your servant,

QUESTION: can we say there is grace in the old testament(before the coming of Christ)?. if there, where in the bible? because someone argue me that there was no grace before the coming of Christ but it is said of the Virgin Mary "full of grace". he said" this indicate for her immaculate conception".

Dear-in-Christ Abi,

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

Exodus 33:12 Then Moses said to the Lord, “See, You say to me, ‘Bring up this people.’ But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.’

Ezra 9:8 And now for a little while grace has been shown from the Lord our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a peg in His holy place, that our God may enlighten our eyes and give us a measure of revival in our bondage.

Psalm 45:2 You are fairer than the sons of men; Grace is poured upon Your lips; Therefore God has blessed You forever.

Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.

Proverbs 3:34 Surely He scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble.

Zechariah 12:10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

There are many mentions of God's grace in the Old Testament. There is no mention of an "immaculate conception" in the entire Bible.

Praying that you receive blessings in His Name,
Your servant,

Eastern Orthodox

I can answer general questions about the teachings of the Orthodox Church and Orthodox monasticism, particularly differences from Protestants and Catholics.

Orthodox Christian convert from Protestantism over 30 years ago.

American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Monachos.net Discussion Community http://www.monachos.net/forum/forum.php

1 year seminary training. 30 years research.