Eastern Orthodox/Death

Do we have an appointed time of death according to scriptures? Meaning basically is our death and number of days on earth predetermined?

Only God knows the time of each creature's death, the time written in the Book of Life (Luke 10:20, Philippians 4:3). So, there is a time appointed for each one to die and to be born (Ecclesiastes 3:2). One, however, does not know one's appointed time of death. It is known only to God.  

Eastern Orthodox

Chrysostomos Robert Geis

I am academically and canonically qualified to answer all questions on ethics, ritual, and questions of philosophy as it regards Eastern Orthodoxy. I see that some questions answered here in the site on Eastern Orthodoxy are given a black and white tone. My approach is more [pastoral, which would acknowledge that the human situation does not always come in answers of black and white.

I am a Prelate Protosyncellus in the Eastern Church, and oversee a community of Priests in the Society of Saint Basil, an autocephalous congregation established and approved under Russian Orthodox Primate in the US in 1917.

I have published thirteen books on Philosophy and Theology (see Robert Geis at Barnesandnoble.com or Amazon.com) and have published in scholarly journals

BA, MA, and PhD, as well as DD