Eastern Orthodox/galatians

Question
In the Orthodox church we have many feast days that involve particular religious practices. How is it that they are not in violation of St. Paul's rebuke to the Galatians in chapter 4:9-11?

Answer
The simple and straightforward answer to this is that Paul is referring to ceremonies and practices that are pagan in nature, i.e., occur w/out any recognition of the Divine but place man as the apex of the liturgy. These have no place in the Holy Orthodox community. Liturgies and devotions that follow the early community of worship of the one true God and are re-enactments of the actual sacrificial offering on Calvary are what Paul accepts as genuinely God-based.  

Eastern Orthodox

Chrysostomos Robert Geis