Ecology/Biomes

Question
What would happen if a group of species were forced to move from one biome to another biome? Would they be forced or be able to adapt to the new living conditions?

Answer
First of all there are no real lines between biomes. Animals wander in out of their area occasionally but never far. Thinking about your question I was considering what could force a change of a biome. It would take a catastrophic event. Suppose a forest close to a desert was destroyed. Forest animals could not survive in a desert.
In answer to your question my guess is that the animals could not adapt. Adaptation is a slow evolutionary process

Ecology

walter hintz