Ecology/Salamander

Question
my first question is, What is the life cycle of a Red salamander?
2) When a lungless salamander is still a maturing larva, is it in the water all the time? If so how do they breath?
3)What is its body covering and protection, in other words its Integumentary system?
4) What is the Endocrine system of Red Salamander, chemical pathways/hormones?
5)How many bones does a Salamander have? Do you know part of its skeletal system?
Any insights help, thanks!

Answer
Hi Julissa
I assume you are asking about Pseudotriton ruber
2.Like tadpoles and other amphibians during the aquatic stage they absorb O2 through the skin which is rich in capillaries
3. It has a thin skin which is not much protection
 To answer Questions 4 an 5 I would have to do a lot of research and I am not a salamander expert. These questions you can research online

I cana dd an interesting fact however.
Salamanders are tasty prey for other animals. Whan threatened the Red Salamander curls up and extends ots tail mimicing a Newt. Predators avoid newts because they are toxic  

Ecology

walter hintz