Ecology/evolution of biomes

Question
Hi Walter,

I am undertaking a project that intends to represent the potential of natural selection, however I need to also represent the evolution of biomes in order to have any significance.
The biomes I have are:
Forest; swamp; tundra; desert; grassland; polar; mountain; coastal; mangal; taiga; marine.
the factors I have chosen to highlight as representing how the biomes can change (not including factors regarding animal population) are:
Temperature; precipitation; fertility; wind speed; volatility(frequency of earthquake eruption or fire).

Can you please tell me if there is anything significant I have missed.

The main thing I struggle with is how these evolve after a disaster or when a particular problem or factor reaches tipping point. Do they find an equilibrium and settle into a version of its closest biome type, Do animals cultivate what is left for themselves?

Thanks for your help; I may need it more than once if that's OK.
If you'd like to know more about the project I can send you a private message.

Answer
Hi carl
Be sure you understand what constitutes a Biome. Mangrove s and swamps are ecosystems not biomes. Ecosystems make up biomes. Mountains can made up of various biomes with tundra at the higher levels with forests or desert at the lower levels.
I am unsure exactly what your project involves. Biomes are defined by the makeup of the biotic and abiotic factors involved. Changes in biomes are slow to occur and changes depend upon the changes in the abiotic factors.  The biotic factors (flora and fauna)can adapt to the changes or not survive. Animals may migrate. For example global warming is altering polar areas increasing the size of the tundra. Survival of the Polar bear is questionable.
You asked about the revival of a biome after a disaster. There is a long explanation here
Look up Ecological succession
 If you need more help go to my email address
waltjh@sbcglobal.net

Ecology

walter hintz