Economics/Universalism vs. cultural relativism

Question
Hi, my name is Rain a Mass Communication student from the Philippines. I just want to ask, what is your opinion about Universalism VS. Cultural Relativism and as an economist, which would be the best for a nation, Is it the implementation of the Univeralism doctrine or the retention of cultural relativism in a country?

Hope you find time answering my questions. Thank you.

Answer
Rain, before I can think about a substantive reply to your inquiry, I want to make sure that the concepts we're discussing mean the same thing to each of us. Therefore, please tell me what you mean by 'universalism' and what you mean by 'cultural relativism'. If we're not on the same page from the beginning, then we'll end up wasting a lot of your time and at last that much of mine.

Take care--

Warren

Economics

Warren D. Miller, CFA, CPA, ASA