Economics/Question about financial report...

Question
Total loans of The bank in first quarter : 100 billions . Second quarter : 110 billions . Third quarter : 111 billions . Fourth quarter : 150 billions . And in annual report , total loans : 130 billions . I am confused , are total loans of the Bank 130 billions or sum of all quarters ?

Answer
The way you describe it, it sounds like the the total loans at the end of the year was $130 billion.  Remember that the total amount of loans isn't static, it increases as they lend more, and decrease as loans are repaid.  Each financial report is simply a snapshot, a single point in time, so it would be very unusual if the sum of the quarterly reports was equal to the annual report.

Economics

Michael Taillard