Economics/GDP

Question
It has been recently stated that the US economy has had 15 consecutive quarters of growth (there are numerous sources, if you google it you can see many).  However, when I look at a GDP graph of quarter to quarter growth in GDP Q1 2011 was negative.  So my question is how are they coming up with 15?

I'm sure the answer is simple and I'm sorry if it seems like a silly/obvious question and answer, I just don't understand how they keep saying 15.

Thank you!

Answer
Thank you for your query. However, without looking at the source you mention and at the data, it wouldn't be possible to give you a correct answer. What pops in my mind is seasonality adjustments. But, as I say, without the source or data, I cannot give you an answer.

Economics

Pallas21