Economics/Great Depression

Question
I am looking for books on the cause and theory of the Great Depression.  What are some good books to start with?  My interest is to understand causes then that could happen now.  I would like an expert to guide me to a good starting point.

Answer
Thank you for your query. You may want to start with The Great Depression by Pierre Berton. You may want to visit your library and talk to the reference librarian.  Newspapers and publications from the era as well as books written in the 40's may also give you a good view.  The Federal Reserve will have historic data and articles written about the depression, causes and how the country got out of it.  It is a lengthy and cumbersome task.  Hope this helps.

Economics

Pallas21