Economics/Cabinet Ministers Portfolios.

Dear Pallas

We all know how important every cabinet minister plays a important role for the development of the nation.

But still, I would like to get more inputs from your end regarding can u list me top 5 portfolios which could be the most important
for the economic reforms and nation progress ?.

Portfolios i mean are Finance, Home, Defense, Commerce, Science and Technology etc

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Thank you for your query. In my opinion, Defense would be the most important one. As for the  rest, it will only depend on those good and services that the private sector is not willing or capable of providing.  I believe in a small government with the private sector making the decisions and the government providing public goods and not interfering.  What do you think?

I will be happy to answer questions related to applied economics. i.e. economics applied to small businesses and on our day to day existence.

over 25 years of experience in economics, both as an academic and in the field.

Masters in Economics, Masters in Public Administration