Economics/Indian railways to other countries.

Dear Pallas  

Can there be possible Rail travel routes by building Tunnels, Bridges etc from India to other asian countries ?.  

Can we extend Indian Railways travel connectivity to other Asia pacific region countries ?.   Examples : India - Japan, India - China, India - Australia, India - Philippines, India - Singapore, India - Thailand etc ?.   

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Thank you for your query. I believe this is a question for an engineer.  I do not see how to get a train to Japan, Australia, Singapore or the Philippines, since they are all islands. I would think that the cost of building underwater tunnels would be extremely high and not economically feasible.  I am sorry but I cannot give you an answer.  

I will be happy to answer questions related to applied economics. i.e. economics applied to small businesses and on our day to day existence.

over 25 years of experience in economics, both as an academic and in the field.

Masters in Economics, Masters in Public Administration