If the Chinese economy crashes, what factors could possibly affect the U.S. real estate market? The reason that I'm asking is that I'm planning on investing in real estate and the possible crash of the Chinese economy makes me worry. thanks

Thank you for your query.  I am not able to furnish you with any type of investment advice.  You may want to check out which cities have the highest Chinese real estate investment and if the numbers exist, how leveraged is that investment.  Meaning, was the real estate purchased with or without financing? Also, you may want to find out if the Chinese investment originates in Chinese permanent migrants to the US or Chinese who are not residents and just invest in real estate.  Type of real estate purchased --commercial or residential, and, high end or middle market. These are some of the questions that pop up in my head to do some research and check trends.  Good luck.

I will be happy to answer questions related to applied economics. i.e. economics applied to small businesses and on our day to day existence.

over 25 years of experience in economics, both as an academic and in the field.

Masters in Economics, Masters in Public Administration