I was wondering how the male/female pay gap changes by income level? Is the gap greater among the rich or the poorer?

As a side question which business industries are considered the most stable? I ask because my bank has been bought out 4 or 5 times in my life. I'm only 35 and it seems like banks of all things are having financial troubles.

Thank you for your query. My sense is that would be greater among less educated people with more children when the mother has to leave work or skip a day's work to attend to children's needs.  As for the side question, it depends, in my opinion, in what sectors and what countries they are located.  Banks experienced in the US such difficulties consequence of the repeal of Glass Steagall and the permissive regulations on derivatives, especially the mortgage backed securities which were totally junk.  Sorry if I cannot be more specific.  Stability, how would you define it: by market presence, by age of the company, by resistance to change, by revenue flow?

I will be happy to answer questions related to applied economics. i.e. economics applied to small businesses and on our day to day existence.

over 25 years of experience in economics, both as an academic and in the field.

Masters in Economics, Masters in Public Administration