Ecuador/sim cards

Question
will be visiting quito, amazon forest, galapagos - total 14 day trip. Where can one get local sim cards ? we fly into Quito, are they available at new airport or best to wait until we get into town? Any data plans for smartphone ?

Answer
Hello Mark,
The SIM cards for cell phones you can get in a Shopping Center of Ecuador (Centros Comerciales) I do not believe you can get it at the Airport. I recommend to buy it at de Quicentro Shopping or CCI shopping, in Ecuador there are 3 companies for this product Movi Star, Claro and CNT(public) I recommend the firsts 2. Have a nice trip.

Ecuador

Augusto Rivadeneira