Ecuador/reserching areas

Question
My husband and I are planning a trip to Ecuador in Oct this year and planning on possibly retiring there. What would be the best way to explore our options of checking out the different cities there? A international/local tour company or on our own with a rental car?

Answer
Hi Kimberley,

There would be advantages both ways. Traveling with an organized tour can be nice since they would be able to point you in the right direction and show you around each place. Great for someone who prefers organization and routine.

When travelling on your own you have the freedom to stop and stay in an area as long as you feel you need to. Some places you may realize right away you just don't like, where other places you may need to hang out and get a feel for the place a bit longer. Great for people who want to explore and roam.

I do suggest trying to narrow down which region of the country you would prefer. This will give you more time to concentrate on exploring that specific area.

For more info on Ecuador and moving to Ecuador see my website: www.life-in-ecuador.com

Jess

Ecuador

Jess