Ecuador/Visiting Ecuador

Question
My husband and I would like to "try" Ecuador as a Winter escape from the US northeast.  We would like to spend 2 or 3 months, but plan to make a two week trip this winter.

We like to rent a condo or house or apartment with an extra bedroom and bath for possible friends' / family visits.  While there, we would like to explore as many diverse parts of the country as possible, without spending all our time traveling.  We also love to rent a place with a spectacular, inspiring view so that I can write.

We love the beach, good food and relaxing with wine while the sun sets.  We are not party people.

Within a 2 - week visit, is it also possible to visit the Galopagus?

What area of Ecuador do you recommend that we target for our first visit?

Answer
Dear Cheryl,

Many thanks for your question and I am very sorry for any delay answering it.

Regarding the condo or house or apartment to rent, unfortunately I can not suggest you one as I have not experience with this subject.  You might have some friends who can recommend you.  

Regarding the Galapagos Islands, I would recommend you a minimum of 5 days, this way you will have 3 full days to enjoy and two half days on flight.  You might like to start in the highlands for your first visit and end up with the  marvelous Galapagos.  Anywhere you are in Ecuador, it is beautiful and it will depends on what you like most, warm or cold wheather  in order to do your home stay!

I hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
Martha Salazar

Ecuador

Martha Salazar