Ecuador/Beach Bungalows

Hello Martha,
I am a 59 year old, Caucasian, single male living in Tennessee U.S.A. I am searching to rent a super economical beach bungalow in Florida or the Carribbean area,(for the sake of cheaper airfare), for a couple of weeks or a month every year or so, during the worst of Winter weather...nothing fancy, just a hut or bungalow on or near the beach where I can relax, fish, read, and catch up on stuff and stay warm. I will be by myself. Not into night life, the club scene, or woman chasing. Just a simple, no frills or luxuries, primitive stay where I can get cheap eats, stay warm, and rest, but in a safe location.
I've found bungalows for low as $10.00/night on Corn Island, Nicaragua and beach bungalows in India for the same price, but I fear either getting robbed or the possibility of having someone plant drugs on me because they might dislike Americans, and then the nightmare or possibility of dealing with their legal systems and possibly a long prison stay.
Can you provide me with any recommendations or provide information on any links, books, etc. that would help me with what I have described above; preferrably in a country which utilizes a legal system as used in America?
I checked on airfares to some neat bungalows in Thailand but round trip would cost $1600.00. I think maybe Florida or the Carribbean area might be best economically.

Thank you greatly.

Mike E.

Dear Mike,
Many thanks for yor question, unfotunately I am not able to provide you with the kind of information you have requested.  As you can see in my profile, I am an expert in Ecuador and part of South America, but not the Caribean and the Florida area I am afraid.

I would suggest you to contact the Caribean and Florida Expert in this same page, they will be happy to assist you.

All the best,
Martha Salazar

Martha Salazar

I can answer questions related to travel and tourism in Ecuador and The Galapagos Islands. Please ask me questions regarding: climate, visas, transportation, galapagos cruises and tours, accommodation, indian markets, cultural tours, amazon expedition and lodges, adventure tours, best time to travel to ecuador and the galapagos islands, tourist attractions, worth to see places, suggestions for tour ideas to Ecuador. I work in this industry since 1998 and I am passionate about this job., you can also follow me on!/pages/Quito-Ecuador/MyBeautyEcuador/43144769714

I own a Tour Operator "MyBeautyEcuador" based in Quito,Ecuador. I have worked in the tourism industry for more than 12 years now. I have also traveled extensively to Peru and Bolivia.

Attended Universidad Tecnológica Indoamérica and Escuela Politécnica del Ejército ESPE Engineer Bachelor

Labor Competences´ Certification as Tour Operator Manager offered by Qualitur, "Quality in Tourism" NTE INEN 2 464: 2008,