i have met an egyptian man on the internet.i plan to visit him in january to apply for a study visa.what are the chances of him ever being allowed to live in uk with me.

NIL!!! The embassy are wised up to these applications and rarely give a visa unless they are convinced the case is genuine. Meeting a man on the internet is such a red flag to them. They will ask you about your relationship with his family, especially his mother as unless you have her approval they know the relationship is false. They will ask about your feelings about Islam, your children becoming Muslim, your daughter having FGM, polygamy and many other things. 99.9 of these relationships are just scams for the man to get money and/or a visa and they know this.

Jane Akshar

I have extensive knowledge of tourism in Egypt, specifically Luxor, and Egyptology in general. I can answer questions on travel, hotels, restaurants as well as about the sites and dealing with the locals. I can tell recommend deserted sites where you are the only tourist, local guides who will take you walking over the hills, reliable drivers, taxis, donkey and camel men, sailing and motor boat captains. I can answer questions on Egyptology as I have been involved with Egyptology for over 40 years and have contacts in the Antiquities department and with many of the Archaeological teams in Luxor.

I have been coming to Egypt as a tourist since 1979 and moved to live in Luxor in 2003. I love to help people fall in love with Egypt. I guide guests around the sites in Luxor and run a small tourism business renting flats (apartments) to tourists. I write regular feature articles for Tour Egypt and run a News Blog on Luxor. I an studying Egyptology with Manchester University

AEITB "Association of Egyptian Travel Businesses on the Internet" PCG Professional Contractors Group

Author of 7 publications including Hidden Luxor available on Amazon Blog Conde Nesta Traveller, Boston Globe, Travel Extra, Tour Egypt, Archaeological Diggings Magazine, The Cultured Traveller, Egyptian Cultural Heritage Organisation (ECHO), The Undoctored Past

Certificate in Continuing Education in Egyptology, University of Manchester