Egypt/Tutanchamon

Question
What is your opinion about the fact that in April 2014 will open a replica of the original tomb of Tutanchamon.
Tourists come to Luxor to see the original tomb of Tutanchamon.

Answer
In my opinion it is good. Nowadays replicas are indistinguishable from the original, if you read the story of how this was created it is VERY high quality. The original was suffering from visitor numbers. The effect on the plaster work in the tombs has been likened to heating chocolate plaster and watching it slip down the walls. 90% of visitors will find the experience an improvement especially the day trippers from Hurghada.

Egypt

Jane Akshar