Can you email so that I can send you a picture of a painting I bought at the Kahn? I'm wondering what the pictures mean. It's the 3 Egyptian female musicians, and above them is a ledge with various types of containers--I'd like to know what the containers are for

I suspect you mean this painting which is very famous. It is from the tomb of Nakht

There is lots of information about it here

The height of the three musicians has been reduced in order to provide space for provisions for the musicians and guests (or perhaps they are further offerings for Nakht and his wife). These consist of four totally different vessels, both in colour and shape, resting on a reed mat. Three of these are supported by small wooden frames and each have lotus blossoms laid across the top. The taller vessel, which rests directly on the mat, just has a lotus bloom at its top. Between each vessel is a very large bunch of grapes.

I can see spring onions but otherwise the contents are not identified. bread and beer are common.

You could try books by Norman de Garis Davies or Porter and Moss

Wiki has an entry with the following biblography

Baikie, James (1932). Egyptian Antiquities in the Nile Valley. Methuen.
Porter, Bertha and Moss, Rosalind, Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Statues, Reliefs and Paintings Volume I: The Theban Necropolis, Part I. Private Tombs, Griffith Institute. 1970 ASIN: B002WL4ON4, pg 99-102
Norman de Garis Davies, The Tomb of Nakht at Thebes, Robb de Peyster Tytus Memorial Series, Volume 1, Publications of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1917
Malek, Jaromir: Egyptian Art, Phaidon Press Limited, New York, 1999, reprinted 2002, pp 240, 243
Manniche, Lise: The so-called scenes of daily life in the private tombs of the Eighteenth Dynasty from Strudwick, Nigel and Taylor, John, The Theban Necropolis: Past Present and Future, The British Museum Press, London, 2002  

Jane Akshar

I have extensive knowledge of tourism in Egypt, specifically Luxor, and Egyptology in general. I can answer questions on travel, hotels, restaurants as well as about the sites and dealing with the locals. I can tell recommend deserted sites where you are the only tourist, local guides who will take you walking over the hills, reliable drivers, taxis, donkey and camel men, sailing and motor boat captains. I can answer questions on Egyptology as I have been involved with Egyptology for over 40 years and have contacts in the Antiquities department and with many of the Archaeological teams in Luxor.

I have been coming to Egypt as a tourist since 1979 and moved to live in Luxor in 2003. I love to help people fall in love with Egypt. I guide guests around the sites in Luxor and run a small tourism business renting flats (apartments) to tourists. I write regular feature articles for Tour Egypt and run a News Blog on Luxor. I an studying Egyptology with Manchester University

AEITB "Association of Egyptian Travel Businesses on the Internet" PCG Professional Contractors Group

Author of 7 publications including Hidden Luxor available on Amazon Blog Conde Nesta Traveller, Boston Globe, Travel Extra, Tour Egypt, Archaeological Diggings Magazine, The Cultured Traveller, Egyptian Cultural Heritage Organisation (ECHO), The Undoctored Past

Certificate in Continuing Education in Egyptology, University of Manchester