Egypt/I need help writing an address

Hi, I need to send something to a friend in Egypt but do not know how to write the address. Can you please assist? Beltan, El Safa, Tukh, Kaliobeya. I dont know if this is correct. She says they d on to have house numbers? Is there no postal code?

As I see, this is a small area in Egypt. no house number is needed in most cases.

Regarding post code, there is one and she should be able to give it to you to make it easier for delivery.

general speaking, the post office is not that good in Egypt. if you are sending something important, use a courier e.g DHL. if it is a normal letter, please register it.

Mohamed Mostafa

I can help you with your travel related questions before you visit Egypt. I know most of the little hidden tricks and tips and can be of great aid to you when planning a holiday as I live in Port Said and work as lecturer.

Although I live in Port Said, i travelled to most of the egyptian cities and have good idea about visiting many places.

I hold a PhD from the University of Liverpool, UK in Civil Engineering