Electric Guitars/state of the art guitar

Spunkymonkey wrote at 2010-11-26 14:51:30
Hello,

Marlin guitars were made during the eighties by a company called British Music Strings. They were built in Wales (UK) and most of them were assembled from a selection of fairly good quality parts. I have one (an odd sort of strat/tele hybrid type body with a red/ orange sunburst finish, white edging and vintage style control knobs) and when properly set up it is great to play, the twin humbuckers on mine produce a really good range of sounds. The only downside is that it is really heavy. I have a variety of other, more expensive, guitars but this is the one that I would find it most difficult to part with. If you weren't in the states (I'm in Scotland)I would suggest that you sell it to me as the trem (licence built Kahler) fitted to mine needs spares and I've never seen another one. They also did a strat copy called the sidewinder which is OK but not nearly as good quality as the state of the art series guitars.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Eric

music head wrote at 2010-11-26 15:18:44
traded a lance for a silver strat style korean made i like this feels good sounds good [ state of the art ] thats all i have to say about that until i can afford a robben ford sig. model it will work  

71prophet wrote at 2011-01-31 08:18:51
i had a candie apple red,way back in 85...was my first guitar.it was a very nice looking starter.im not a fan of single coil pick-ups,but,it being my first,not knowing the difference,it was a good start.the tremelo,if not abused,didnt knock it out of tune.back in 85,i remember paying 150 for it at a local shop.if you can,go a bit higher in price,because sometimes these starter guitars,can dissapoint,and discourage.not the case for me...so expect what you pay for...i suggest sx,or,axl guitars.starter price,but very ,very high quality.

hotrod1695 wrote at 2011-09-16 06:57:01
The state of the art guitars were actually made by Kay, and were for sell in the U.S in the late 1980's and early 90's. My first guitar was actually a silver state of the art strat copy. It cost $249 in 1988,and I wish I still had it actually. Very playable and nice sounding instruments for the money. Hope this helped you.

Smoke wrote at 2015-05-10 20:36:09
Bought my State of the Art Guitar Les Paul Copy, 4 Nobs, 3 position switch, Dual Pickups all for $350 in a small town in Northern Michigan. Never could find any info on this rarety till now. Haven't heard of anyone having the Les Paul Copy, bought in 1986 used. Plays like just as it says..state of the art and as already said very high quality.

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide