Electric Guitars/Hondo H1 Lightening Bolt shape guitar

PaBLO wrote at 2010-01-30 18:12:22
Guys, I also have a mint H1 my Sons guitar teacher gave it to him. I have had to service the pickup and one thing I do know is it is not a solid body guitar, it is solid plywood, usually an indication it is cheap and mass produced. Hondo was at one time a decent guitar until they went to the mass production of student guitars. I will keep you filled in with what I find. Paul

Pliers wrote at 2015-01-22 02:25:05
I owned one of the Hondo Lightning Bolt guitars back in 1984-85. They were not expensive. I bought it for around $250. Today, although some are trying to sell them for upwards of $400, they are not really that valuable. I do want to find one for the right price for nostalgic reasons but I will not be a fool and buy one for more than the $250 I paid back in 1984.

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry