Electric Guitars/Phoenix Telecaster

Question
Hi there, I just purchased a Phoenix Phantom Series Telecaster with dual dimarzio humbuckers and coil taps. I believe it is an early 80's MIJ guitar but cant find anything on these from the internet. Do you know anything about this guitar and possibly the approx worth? Cheers!

Answer
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for writing! This is one of those strange import guitars that is sold primarily in other countries which is why you don't find much information on the internet. If it was made in the early 1980s, it was probably made in Japan. If it was made in Japan, it has some value because there is a growing collectors market for Japanese made copy style guitars. As for value, it is hard to say. It is roughly worth around $300-$400, possibly more. Can you send me a photograph of the guitar? This would help me track down a more accurate value. Let me know and stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide