Electric Guitars/state of the art guitar

Hi John, I noticed you had a question before on this about the "state of the art guitar"  but couldnt find anything on it,and you said you would do some more research on it,I also have one,its silver metalic with black pick guard & pickups, strat style body,1 volume & 2 tone knobs,plus 5 way switch,wammybar, and a maple Skunk striped(adjustable) neck, I also own a 89 american strat and this guitar proforms just as good as it,I did notice when i took off the back plate that the body is laminated with layers of dark and light woods looks like mahogony & maple,it weighs about the same as my american strat does,the "state of the art" logo is spelled in cursive writing on the head stock & serial # is KE32TMSC please let me know if you found out anything on these great guitars,its a diamond in the ruff as far as im concerned.   thanks! Keith in vermont.

Hey Keith,

Thanks for writing! "State of the Art" guitars were made by a Welsh company called Marlin. The company is no longer in business. Marlin made these Fender copies to grab some of the popular Stratocaster/Telecaster market. The guitar was most likely made in the early 1980s. The pickups are decent but the neck tends to be a bit fat. The hardware was Korean made but holds up well. The tuners are cheap but can easily be replaced. Everyone who owns one of these guitars loves them. In fact, many people who own one of these are looking for a second one on Ebay so the market is good for them value-wise. Let me know if you need further information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry