Electric Guitars/Pickups

Hello. My question is that both my pickups cut out on my 3 high strings after just a second or 2 and the higher i go on my bottom three strings the more it cuts out. Now i've raised both pickups and their screws and it helps a little but very little. What can i do to fix this problem. Oh and the more vibrato i do the more it cuts out. The string is still vibrating and it just cuts. There's no even flow when it cuts either. it's like the note hits a wall and just stops.

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for your question.

I assume you are 101% sure that it is your guitar (i.e. you have the same problem with you guitar no matter which amplifier it is plugged into, and if you use different cables, and different pedals, you have the exact same problem).

That said, if you are positive that it's the guitar, then you have a wiring problem. The only way to fix this is to get in there and use logic to locate the bad connection. If you are not comfortable opening up your guitar's cavity and poking around, then take your guitar to a qualified repair technician and let them do it right. There is no adjustment you can make from the outside that will solve the problem. If the pickups are cutting out, then there is a problem with the wiring and you have to get in there to fix it.

Best Wishes,

Kevin Chisholm

Electric Guitars

Kevin Chisholm - American Guitarist

I am an American Blues / R&B / Soul / Rock Guitarist living in Europe. Live performance (Gigging) is my specialty. I have over 20 years experience performing.

I can answer questions about:

I cannot answer questions about: Vintage instruments, Midi, Pro-Tools

20+ years experience with live performance, international touring, Blues, Rock, R&B, Soul and Funk.

Syracuse University, Guitar Performance 1983-1987

Most recently, Big City Rhythm & Blues Magazine's "Artist of the Week"

The HEALERS!, Liz McComb, Justina Ogunlolu