Electric Guitars/Squier Affinity vs Bullet stratocaster

Hi Kevin,

I have been playing acoustic for a couple of years and would like to buy an electric now. I am on a budget here and deciding between the Squier Affinity and Bullet. Is there a lot of difference between the tone and neck quality between the two? I was sure to buy the Affinity, but, then I saw this:
To tell the truth I don't really hear that much of a difference between the Fender and the Bullet. Maybe, I can buy the bullet and spend the cash I save on some useful upgrades? Will that be worth it?

Thank you!

Hi  Vargab,

Thanks for your question. I don't see too much difference between the Affinity and the Bullet, so you might as well go for the less-expensive one, and save a little money.

As far as the video, I would not put too much stock into it. If you give any experienced player a little time to set the guitar up, and a decent amp, they could make either of these guitars sound pretty decent. And on the other side, someone with very little experience will likely sound pretty bad on a $1,000 guitar.  Better guitars are worth the extra cost. But for now, either the Affinity or the Bullet will suit your needs just fine. For the price, they are a pretty good deal.

I hope this was helpful. Please feel free to follow-up if there are any other questions you may  have.

Best Wishes,

Kevin Chisholm

Electric Guitars

Kevin Chisholm - American Guitarist

I am an American Blues / R&B / Soul / Rock Guitarist living in Europe. Live performance (Gigging) is my specialty. I have over 20 years experience performing.

I can answer questions about:

I cannot answer questions about: Vintage instruments, Midi, Pro-Tools

20+ years experience with live performance, international touring, Blues, Rock, R&B, Soul and Funk.

Syracuse University, Guitar Performance 1983-1987

Most recently, Big City Rhythm & Blues Magazine's "Artist of the Week"

The HEALERS!, Liz McComb, Justina Ogunlolu