Electric Guitars/Info re: Apollo vintage semi-hollow guitar

Question
Apollo guitar 1
Apollo guitar 1  

Apollo guitar 2
Apollo guitar 2  
I have a vintage Apollo guitar, made in Japan, stock number 2219, serial number 11**. It also has the number 21699** on the neck plate. It is a single cutaway with two pickups, 5 knobs (2 V, 2 T, and 1 BAL), and a vibrato. It appears to be in excellent condition. Any info on value or approximate age would be very appreciated.

Answer
Hey Bill,

Thanks for writing and that is a great guitar! Apollo was one of the Japanese guitar companies that cashed in on the rock and roll market by making their own models as well as copies. This is a Rickenbacker copy which is fairly rare! It was probably made in the mid 1960s to cash in on the Beatles/British Invasion craze. As for value, I would put it at around $700 maybe more at auction. Let me know if you need more detailed information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide