Electric Guitars/A Vantage guitar i know nothing about.

Uncle Mat wrote at 2013-01-09 08:20:40
What you've got is a Korean made Vantage guitar from the early 90ies. The Vantage brand was registrated 1977 in Matsumoto/Japan. The Matsumoku company (located in Matsumoto)built VANTAGE guitars between 1978/79 and Feb.1987 for a Canadian distributor. The models included some copies, but most of the models were of original design (and this has NOTHING to do with the Ibanez-Norlin law suit!!) Due to increased prices in Japan the production moved to Korea where the Samick company built guitars and basses under the Vantage label from 1990 to 1998. The collectors (yes they do exist) prefer japanese VANTAGE models because of their superior craftmanship! That doesn't mean that all of the Korean models were of lower quality though.  

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.