Electric Guitars/pre lawsuit era hondo

Don Thayer wrote at 2015-02-01 15:57:38
I have the same head stock on my Hondo - MOP logo, hot pickups, straight neck. Seems to be a very well-made guitar except for the inlays - cheap plastic. No indication of where it was made. It was completely trashed - worn frets, fret board wood deeply gouged, terrible paint job repair. I've stripped and sanded the body, removed about 1/8" of wood from the fret board to get it smooth, replaced the inlays with MOP, replaced the frets.

Kevin, is your image of the laminated body a Hondo? It looks custom. Very cool!

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.