Electric Guitars/Hondo LP Jr copy

Hondo LP jr
Hondo LP jr  

Hondo LP Jr
Hondo LP Jr  
Hi I have just acquired this blue Hondo in a flat blue. I have not been able to find any reference to this online or in VGPG. Is it a Hondo 2? Where can I find the name of the colour? The pickups are not marked so I guess they are generic. Any idea of the value? Thanks.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for writing! This Hondo was probably made in the early 1980s. It is hard to give an exact date because Hondo manufactured so many models and made slight changes to models to justify model name changes, etc. You don't see many of these at online auction sites like Ebay. Assigning a value is a bit tough because the used guitar market is weak due to the global economy. Because of the color and two knob (instead of four) wiring configuration, I'd put a value of around $325-350 US Dollars. Let me know if you need further information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry