Electric Guitars/Samick vintage P-Bass mystery...

Samick P-Bass
Samick P-Bass  
Hello Johnny!

I have an old Samick P-Bass, wich is a real mystery. I cant find anithing about it nowhere. It would be really great if you could help me identify it. I would be interested in the type and the value of it.

Best Regards

Hey TDanny,

Thanks for writing! It is really hard to find out anything about Samick instruments! The reason is because Samick makes guitars and basses for a number of other companies at their primary plant in Korea. Their own line of instruments is really decent. Your P Bass is probably from the mid 1980s to mid 1990s. Is there any kind of serial number on it? Let me know because I want to narrow down the date which will give me the ability to give you a value as well. Check the usual places such as the back of the headstock. If it is not there, look in the electronics cavity as well. Let me know...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry