Electric Guitars/Ibanez 580b

Picked up a dual hum with Floyd ibanez 580 or was a 508 ballback model love it but just curious on its value? It's mahogany with the plastic wood grain looking pick guard, thanks for any info!

Hey Robert,

Thanks for writing. Here is some general information. The Ibanez RGR580, also known as the RGR580M, is an RG series guitar model introduced in 1998. Special feature is the mahogany body; other features include a maple neck with maple fingerboard and reverse headstock, Ibanez made pickups and the Edge tremolo.

The RGR580 was also available left-handed as the RGR580L and with a normal headstock and rosewood fingerboard as the RG580. It was only available in Japan. The 580 was made between 1998 ans 2002. As for value, you see them selling for between $750 and $900 as of the writing of this posting. Let me know if you need any further information. If you have a serial number I can date it. Stay in touch...Johnny  

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry